- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- 2 poblano peppers
- This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, or water
- 2 ears fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monetary jack cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken on all sides with kosher salt. In a small pot, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup Yucatán sauce and 1/2 cup chicken broth or water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, mixing to combine. Reduce the heat to medium/low and cover. Let cook for about 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender. Remove the chicken and peppers and shred using 2 large forks. Return to the pot containing the sauce and toss to combine.
- Line the bottom of a cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet with a thin layer of Yucatán sauce. Top with a layer of corn tortillas, followed by half of the chicken/poblano mixture, corn and beans. Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Repeat with another layer of sauce, tortillas, chicken, corn and beans. Finish with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the cheese is melty and the tortillas have softened, about 20 minutes. Top with fresh cilantro, slice and serve warm.