- cooking oil (such as canola or vegetable oil)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup this little goat went to hong kong
- 2 eggs, beaten (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup shredded carrot)
- 1/2 cup peas, thawed if using frozen
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced scallions
- kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked white rice (day-old rice works best!)
- this little goat went to japan everything crunch
- Add a drizzle of cooking oil to a large skillet or wok and heat over medium heat. Add in the eggs and a pinch of kosher salt and cook, stirring constantly, until cooked through. Remove to a clean plate.
- In a small microwavable-safe bowl, combine the Hong Kong sauce and 3 tablespoons butter. Melt in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp butter to the skillet used to cook the eggs and heat over medium heat. Once melted, add in the onion and a pinch of kosher salt. Sauté until softened and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the carrots and peas and season with another pinch of salt. Continue cooking until softened, about 3 minutes more.
- Increase the heat to high and stir in the rice and scallions. Pour over half of the buttery Hong Kong sauce, mixing to combine. Continue stir frying over high heat until the rice is warmed through and begins to crisp up around the edges, about 3-5 minutes more. Stir in the scrambled eggs until combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and pour over the remaining buttery Hong Kong sauce. Top with This Little Goat went to Japan Everything Crunch and dig in!