- 4 oz. buckwheat Soba noodles
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup finely-shredded purple or green cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated (about 1 cup shredded carrot)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp This Little Goat went to Tokyo, plus more for topping
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp Sambal Oelek
- Kosher salt
- This Little Goat went to Japan Everything Crunch
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Toss with a drizzle of sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking and spread on a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Once the noodles have cooled, add to a large mixing bowl along with the edamame, pepper, cabbage, carrot and mint. Add in the Tokyo sauce, vinegar, Sambal, remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, allowing the flavors to come together. Season to taste with salt.
- Top with a drizzle of sweet and salty Tokyo sauce and a sprinkle of Little Goat went to Japan crunch for a touch of bold umami flavor. Dig in!