- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp this little goat went to hong kong, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced scallions, plus more for topping
- this little goat went to new york everything crunch, for topping (optional)
- chips, crackers or crunchy veggies, for serving (optional)
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the onions. Sauté until beginning to turn translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 Tbsp Hong Kong sauce and 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low/low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are well caramelized and very soft, about 15-20 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once the onions are cooled, whisk together with the remaining ingredients until well combined. Season to taste with salt and additional Hong Kong sauce, as desired.
- Top with more sliced scallions and a sprinkle of New York everything crunch, if desired. Serve alongside chips, crackers or your favorite crunchy veggies!