- 4 cups sweet potato puree (from about 2 ½ - 3 lb. sweet potatoes), store-bought or homemade
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup this little goat went to southeast asia
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- non-stick cooking spray or softened butter
for salted caramel sauce:
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp this little goat went to southeast asia
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- For sweet potato puree, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until very soft, about 1 hour. Once cool enough to handle, halve the potatoes and scoop out the flesh (discarding the skin). Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and puree until very smooth. Alternatively, canned sweet potato puree works great!
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia sauce and vanilla until the mixture is well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the sweet potato puree and continue mixing until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Grease a 10-inch round bundt pan (or a 9-inch square pan) with non-stick cooking spray or melted butter. Transfer batter to the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour - 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your caramel drizzle: Melt 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the brown sugar, whisking to combine. Continue cooking until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and simmer until the sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened and smooth, about 8-10 minutes more. Stir in the This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia sauce and salt. Keep warm over low heat until ready to use.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool completely in the pan before inverting onto a baking sheet to remove.
- Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle all over with warm salted caramel sauce.