- cooking oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp *this little goat seasonal pumpkin spice (or substitute with this little goat went to morocco)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- Coat a large, heavy-bottomed pot with a drizzle of cooking oil. Heat over medium heat. Add in the ground turkey and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Let cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Remove to clean plate. Do not wipe out the pot.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pot and add in the onion, bell pepper and jalapeño. Sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste, pumpkin spice, Cayenne and 1 tsp salt until well coated.
- Add in the pumpkin purée, diced tomatoes and another pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and return the turkey to the pot.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes, allowing the soup to thicken and flavors to meld. Stir in the beans and continue cooking for about 15 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and additional pumpkin spice, as desired.
- Top with your favorite toppings and dig in!
*If you do not have our seasonal pumpkin spice, substitute with This Little Goat went to Morocco.