- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (preferably fire-roasted)
- 1 Tbsp This Little Goat went to Morocco spice
- Kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 large eggs
- Crusty bread or warm naan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, Morocco spice, 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Stir to combine.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, allowing the sauce to thicken and flavors to meld, about 10-15 minutes more. Stir in the feta and dill and season to taste additional salt and Morocco spice, as desired.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, make 6 indents in the tomato sauce mixture. Crack eggs into the holes. Carefully transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and broil (watching carefully as every broiler is different!), until the egg whites are set but yolks are still running runny, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove skillet from the oven and garnish with more fresh dill. Serve warm, with crusty bread or grilled naan for dipping!