- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, thawed if using frozen
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, plus more as needed
- 1 cup shredded mexican-style cheese blend
- this little goat went to mexico everything crunch
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a fork, prick small holes into all sides of the sweet potatoes. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with a pinch of kosher salt. Transfer to the oven and bake until fork tender and cooked through, about 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine the beans, corn, onion and cilantro. Add in the juice from one lime (about 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice), a drizzle of olive oil, paprika and a pinch of kosher salt. Mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and additional paprika, as desired. Slice the remaining lime into wedges for serving.
- Let sweet potatoes cool slightly, then cut in half, lengthwise. Fill with a spoonful of black bean salad and top with a sprinkle of cheese. If desired, return to the oven to melt the cheese, about 2-3 minutes. Top with a sprinkle of spicy, lime-y This Little Goat went to Mexico Everything Crunch and serve alongside fresh lime wedges. Dig in!