- 1lb clean fresh squid with tentacles, bodies cut into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 1/2 cup 00 flour
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup this little goat went to korea
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- pickled cilantro for garnish
- fryer oil
- Preheat a table top fryer or heavy dutch oven with at least 3 inches of oil, to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and Korea Sauce together and whisk to combine.
- While the oil heats, mix 00 flour, cornstarch and salt together in a medium bowl.
Working in batches, toss the squid pieces into the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Carefully fry in small batches for 1 – 2 minutes, until just turning golden brown. Remove from the oil and transfer to a wire cooling rack or paper towel lined sheet tray.
- Use a large plate for serving and spread half the buttered Korea Sauce on the bottom. Top with fried calamari and drizzle remaining sauce over the top. Garnish with picked cilantro.