- cooking oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 1 ½ lb. 80% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp This Little Goat went to Korea
- 3-4 cups finely-shredded green cabbage, or pre-shredded coleslaw
- 2 tbsp kewpie mayo (or regular mayo if unable to find kewpie)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 burger buns
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with a drizzle of cooking oil. Add in the onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté until tender and begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Let cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until beginning to brown. Stir in ½ cup Korea sauce and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the meat is cooked through and the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, toss your shredded cabbage with 2 tablespoons mayo, lime juice, a drizzle of Korea sauce and pinch of salt. Season to taste with additional salt and Korea sauce, as desired.
- Pile a large spoonful of Korea-spiced sloppy joes on each burger bun. Top with some slaw, sandwich together and dig in!