- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 ½ tsp this little goat went to belize
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 large bunch curly kale (about 8-10 cups chopped kale)
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts (from about 8 oz. whole brussels sprouts)
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup shredded pecorino cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the shallot, a spoonful of dried cranberries, lemon juice, honey, Belize spice and ½ tsp salt. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking to combine. Set aside, allowing the cranberries and shallot to soften, while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Remove the rib from the kale and finely chop. Add to a large serving bowl along with the shaved Brussels sprouts, pepitas, almonds, Pecorino and remaining cranberries.
- Pour dressing over your salad, a few spoonfuls at a time, massaging into the kale for a few minutes until softened. Toss until everything is combined and well coated in dressing. Season to taste with salt.