- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 pints plum or grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup This Little Goat went to Hong Kong sauce
- 8 large garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti, or other pasta of choice
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the cubed eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, Hong Kong sauce, salt and crushed red pepper flakes to a baking dish. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the tomatoes have burst and the eggplant is tender and beginning to brown, about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package instructions in a pot of heavily-salted water. Drain, toss with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from sticking and set aside.
- Toss cooked pasta and half of the basil in your warm pasta sauce. Transfer to a server platter. Top with the reserved basil and a generous helping of freshly-grated Parmesan. Dig in!