- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate for melting and ½ cup rough chopped set to the side
- 7 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ TSP salt
- 2 tsp This Little Goat Went to Morocco
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C pomegranate juice
- ½ C sugar
- 1 TBSP champagne vinegar
- Dash of This Little Goat Went to Morocco
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- To prepare baking dish, butter edges and bottom of 9” springform pan. Cut parchment paper to fit sides and bottom.
- To prepare batter, melt butter and 1 ½ C chocolate in microwave or double boiler. If using a microwave, melt and mix in thirty second intervals until mostly melted.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, salt, This Little Goat Went To Morocco, and vanilla extract before drizzling in chocolate butter mixture.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until edges are pulling away from the side and center is slightly jiggly but toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand out of the oven for 10 - 20, or until completely cool before dusting with chopped chocolate.
- Serve sliced with whipped cream, pomegranate gastrique and pomegranate seeds.
- Combine sugar and pomegranate juice in a pan on the stove, once simmering add vinegar.
- Heat on medium and reduce liquid until you can make a line through the back of a spoon and the syrup stays separated. The liquid should be the consistency of maple syrup.
- Take off heat and allow it to cool before drizzling on top of torte slice.