- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if using frozen
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup This Little Goat went to Mexico Everything Crunch
- Rinse the quinoa through a fine mesh strainer for at least 30 seconds, until the water runs clear. Add to a small pot along with 2 cups of water and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the beans, corn, veggies and cilantro. Top with 2 Tablespoons each olive oil and lime juice, 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon each salt and cumin.
- Toss until well combined. Season to taste with additional salt and lime juice, as desired. Before serving, top with a sprinkle of bright and zesty This Little Goat went to Mexico for a nutty, crunchy finish!