- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp this little goat went to belize
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or oiled parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with 1 Tbsp water and lemon extract until very frothy, about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine the sugars, salt and Belize spice.
- Toss nuts in egg white mixture until well coated. Transfer to the sugar bowl and toss until cashews are well coated with sugars. Spread into a single layer on prepared baking sheet, breaking up any large clumps.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through to ensure even browning. Remove from the oven when the outer edges of the nuts are starting to dry out (the coating may still be a bit wet in the center). Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
- Let cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, allow the sugars to solidify. Remove from the baking sheet, breaking up any large clusters. Store in an airtight container. *Nuts will keep for about a week at room temperature, although they will get a little sticky if it is humid).