- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp This Little Goat went to Hong Kong
- ½ cup mozzarella, finely shredded
- 4 slices gruyere
- 4 slices havarti
- 8 slices bread
- 9 tbsp butter, unsalted & softened
- Heat a pan on medium heat, melt a tablespoon of butter, and add in the thinly sliced onion.
- Once onions begin to wilt, pour in This Little Goat went to Hong Kong Sauce and continue to cook until onions are completely softened and set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- In another pan, heat a slice of buttered bread on medium heat, buttered side down. On the bread, add a slice of gruyere followed by finely shredded mozzarella, cooked onions, havarti, and the top slice of bread with the buttered side facing out.
- Cook each side of the sandwich until the bread is golden brown and the inside is ooey-gooey.