- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 16-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp This Little Goat went to Belize
- 8 cups crisped rice cereal
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- Generously spray a 9x13 or 8x8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and cover with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on at least two of the sides.
- Add the butter to a medium sauce-pot and melt over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and Belize spice. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are almost completely melted. Add cereal and grapefruit zest and stir vigorously until all of the cereal is well coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and pat down firmly using well-greased hands or greased wax paper. Allow to cool completely at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Using the parchment paper overhang, remove the treats from the pan. Cut into squares and serve.