- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp this little goat went to yucatán
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. mexican-style cheese blend, shredded
- 1 4-ounce can green chilis
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips or small flour tortillas, for serving
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add in the shallot and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Whisk in the half & half, Yucatán sauce and cornstarch until well combined. Allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to low and slowly add in the shredded cheese, a few handfuls at a time, making sure the cheese is melted before the next batch is added.
- Once all the cheese is added, stir in the green chilis and ½ teaspoon salt. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with chopped cilantro and an additional drizzle of Yucatán sauce. Serve warm, alongside warm tortillas or tortilla chips.