- 3 tbsp This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, shredded
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1 medium persimmon (or apple if unable to find persimmons), diced
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl of ice water (this will help to remove some of the bitterness). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Yucatán sauce, olive oil, lime juice and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded Brussels sprouts, avocado, persimmon (or apple), dried cherries, pecans, and blue cheese. Drain the onions and add to your salad. Drizzle over your Yucatán vinaigrette and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and additional Yucatán sauce, as desired.