- 1/2 tsp This Little Goat went to Morocco spice
- 1 loaf (or 2qt) sourdough bread, cut into large cubes
- 1 large green apple, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Fresh herbs - we like tarragon and thyme!
- Mix eggs, chicken stock, Morocco spice, and cream in a medium bowl. Pour over cut bread and let soak for 5-10 minutes - the longer the better!
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add oil, and sauté soaked bread until crispy on all sides. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Render bacon until almost crispy. With the fat still in the pan, add apples, golden raisins, onions, and toasted almonds to bacon, and cook until apples soften.
- Place seared sourdough back in pan and mix with all other ingredients.
- Place in a bowl and top with fresh herbs. Enjoy!