- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce, divided
- 1 lime
- Cooking oil (such as canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 oz. assorted mushrooms (such as Shiitake, Baby Bella, and/or Cremini), thinly sliced
- 4 cups finely-chopped kale (from about 1 small bunch)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz. Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with 2 Tbsp Yucatán sauce and the juice of half of a lime. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Add a drizzle of cooking oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and a pinch of kosher salt and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown and release their juices, about 3-5 minutes more. Stir in the kale, black beans, ¼ cup Yucatán sauce and the juice of your remaining half of a lime. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the kale has softened and the mixture is combined and warmed through, about 3 minutes more. Season filling to taste with salt and transfer to a clean plate.
- Coat skillet with another drizzle of cooking oil and heat over medium heat. Add one tortilla to the pan and top with a few spoonfuls of your veggie filling and small handful of shredded cheese. Top with another tortilla. Continue cooking, pressing down on the top tortilla, until the bottom side is browned and crispy, about 3-5 minutes. Carefully flip your quesadilla and continue cooking until well browned on both sides and the cheese is melted. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining tortillas, veggies and cheese.
- Slice quesadillas into wedges. Top with Yucatán-spiced sour cream and chopped cilantro. Serve warm.