- 1 small loaf sourdough bread (day-old bread works great!)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp This Little Goat went to Grillville, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pint Sungold or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Tear the bread into 1-inch chunks. Toss with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon each of Grillville spice and salt. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven, tossing once halfway through, until golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons Grillville spice, and a pinch of salt.
- In a large serving bowl or platter, combine the torn croutons, tomatoes, peaches, red onion, feta, and basil. Pour over your Grillville vinaigrette and toss to combine. Top with more fresh basil before serving.