- This Little Goat went to Grillville
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1in cubes
- 1 large onion, medium diced
- 6 jalapeños, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 15 oz can of tomato puree
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp brown Sugar
- 1 12 oz can of beer
- ½ cup Seasoned rice vinegar
Grillville Pickled Chiles
- Slice 4 jalapeños and place into a heat proof container.
- In a small saucepan or pot, bring seasoned rice vinegar to a simmer.
- Take vinegar off of heat and pour over jalapeños.
- Let sit for a least 5 minutes before serving, * this may be made ahead of time and kept within covered container in the refrigerator.
Grillville Chicken Thigh Chili
- Season cubed chicken with 1 tbsp of This Little Goat went to Grillville and 1 tsp of salt, combine so that chicken is evenly coated in seasonings and set aside to marinate as you prepare the pot, this can be done a day ahead and kept wrapped in the fridge for maximum flavor!
- Place a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven on medium-high heat, once warmed add oil and marinated chicken thighs, searing on both sides until until golden brown and promptly remove and set aside.
- In the same pot that previously cooked the chicken, sauté the onions until brown and translucent, add more oil if necessary, seasoning with a ½ tsp of This Little Goat went to Grillville.
- Add chilis and diced tomatoes, allowing to cook for 2-5 minutes until softened before adding tomato puree and ½ tsp This Little Goat went to Grillville and brown sugar.
- With a heat proof spatula combine all ingredients so they are saturated with the tomato puree, let pot simmer until tomato puree reduces and you see some sticking to the bottom.
- When puree is dark and thick and has left bottom of pan coated, deglaze with beer using heat proof spatula to get of the pieces that may have stuck to the bottom.
- Once beer has reduced by half add back in previously browned chicken, chickpeas, kidney beans, and seasoning with a ½ teaspoon of This Little Goat went to Grillville; mixing together so that all are covered in the reduced beer and tomato sauce.
- When everything is well combined add chicken broth and bring to a boil before turning heat to medium-low and allowing to simmer for 30 minutes uncovered or until chili is at desired consistency.
- At desired consistency taste chili and season to taste with This Little Goat went to Grillville.
- Serve with Grillville Pickled Chiles and your favorite toppings!