- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. fingerling or new potatoes
- 3 tsp This Little Goat went to Grillville, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold, salted water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let simmer until the potatoes are just fork tender but not falling apart, about 5 minutes. Drain and spread onto a baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the bacon to a large, dry skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook, flipping occasionally, until the bacon is browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain (do not wipe out the skillet). Once cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Halve the potatoes, lengthwise, and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour over the reserved bacon fat and 1 teaspoon each salt and Grillville spice. Toss to combine. Preheat a grill or grill-pan to medium-high heat. Place potatoes on the grill, cut side down. Grill until well browned and crispy, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the shallot, ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, remaining 2 teaspoons Grillville spice and ½ teaspoon salt. Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl and toss with cooked bacon, dill, green onions and dressing until evenly coated. Season to taste with salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.