- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- This Little Goat went to Thailand
- kosher salt
- cooking oil (such as canola oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & tails removed *you will butterfly
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pickled pepper mix (see chili crunch Hong Kong chicken recipe)
- 1 lime
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add in your Special K cereal. Season with a pinch of salt and a few sprinkles of this little goat went to Thailand spice. Sauté, tossing the pan frequently, until the cereal is nicely toasted, crispy and well coated in butter. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet you used to toast the cereal and add a drizzle of cooking oil to the skillet and heat over high heat (or grab anew skillet if you prefer!). Add in your shrimp and sprinkle with this little goat went to Thailand spice and a pinch of salt.Sauté until cooked through and no longer opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss together shrimp, pickled veggies, herbs, peanuts and cereal. Then, garnish the dish with lime zest, lime juice and drizzle of oil from the top of the chili crunch. Add your toasted, buttery cereal to your peanut & herb salad and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and top with your shrimp. Drizzle with more chili crunch for a touch of heat.