- 1 cup finely shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp This Little Goat Tropical Chili Crunch, plus extra for serving
- 16 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 tomatoes, small diced
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked shredded chicken, finely shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese, and 4 tbsp of Tropical Chili Crunch. Mix well to create a flavorful filling for the flautas.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture on each flour tortilla and roll them tightly into a flauta shape. Secure the rolled tortillas with a toothpick to keep them closed.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough for frying, carefully place the filled tortillas into the oil, a few at a time, and fry them until they turn golden brown and become crispy. Remove the flautas from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Mexican crema (or sour cream) with a dash of Tropical Chili Crunch to create a spicy and tangy crema sauce.
- To serve, place the crispy flautas on a serving platter. Top them with the spicy crema sauce, finely shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, and crumbled cotija cheese (if using). Finish by adding an extra sprinkle of Tropical Chili Crunch for an extra kick of flavor.