- 3/4 cups seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 head of kale, roughly chopped 1 can of black eyed peas
- 1 lb shrimp
- This Little Goat went to Thailand
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 stick butter
- Mint and cilantro, for garnish
- Combine seasoned rice vinegar and water in a medium saucepan and heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Thinly slice red onion and jalapeño and add to a bowl.
- Once the pickling liquid has come to a simmer, remove from heat and pour over the veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle and mix in Thailand spice.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 F.
- Generously sprinkle on Thailand spice all over the bacon.
- Air fry bacon for 6 minutes. Conventional cooking method: In a large sauté pan, cooking bacon until crispy. Remove and save bacon fat in the pan
- Once cooked through, remove from air fryer and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Set aside.
Black Eyed Peas
- Strain and drain your canned black eyed peas.
- Coat with oil and Thailand spice
- Air fry for 8 mins at 400 F. Conventional cooking method: In the same large sauté pan, cook the black eyed peas for 2 minutes until crispy. Remove black eyed peas and leave liquid in the pan
- Remove from air fryer and set aside.
- Season shrimp with Thailand spice.
- Add to air fryer with half a stick of butter and air fry for 7 minutes at 400 F. Conventional cooking method: In the same large sauté pan, cook shrimp in butter until pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp and save pan sauce for plating.
- Add cooked shrimp to kale.
- After cooking your components, there will be a rich "pan sauce" collected at the bottom of your air fryer (or sauté pan). Add pan sauce to a bowl and season with a pinch of salt, half a lime, and a tablespoon of the pickling liquid.
- Mix and pour over salad.
- Add pickled red onions and jalapeños to the salad and toss until mixed 4.Serve and top with crunchy beans and torn mint and cilantro. Enjoy!