- 3/4 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt, plus more for serving
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2-inch knob fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (or 1/2 large) jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 tsp This Little Goat went to India, divided
- 1 tsp ground turmeric, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup fresh mint and/or cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, 1 teaspoon each India spice and kosher salt and ½ teaspoon ground turmeric. Season the chicken on all sides with kosher salt and transfer to the marinade. Toss until the chicken is well coated on all sides. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight (the longer the better)!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into ¾-inch thick slices, then cut into small florets. (Slicing the cauliflower first, rather than chopping it into florets, helps ensure it gets evenly browned and crispy on both sides). Toss with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon each India spice and turmeric. Spread in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges for serving.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and nestle it, skin-side up, onto the baking sheet alongside the cauliflower. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is tender and lightly browned, about 30-35 minutes. If desired, increase the oven temperature to broil and broil on the upper oven rack for about 3 minutes, until the chicken skin and cauliflower are extra crispy.
- Remove chicken from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Top with a dollop of yogurt and freshly torn mint and/or cilantro leaves. Serve alongside fresh lemon wedges.