- Preheat a table top fryer or heavy dutch oven with at least 4 inches of oil, to 340 degrees.
- While the oil heats, mix 00 flour, cornstarch, salt and Belize spice mix. Toss chicken strips in flour mix and shake off any excess. Fry for 5 minutes and remove to a cooling rack or paper towel lined sheet tray. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes or can be done ahead and held,
unwrapped, in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn fryer up to 375 degrees.
- While fryer heats, melt butter and Yucatan Sauce together and whisk until well combined.
- Fry chicken until dark golden brown and crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oil to rest for a moment, seasoning with a sprinkle of kosher salt. Add fried chicken to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with Yucatan butter and toss to coat. Transfer to a plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.