- 1 medium (2 ounces) garlic head
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- This Little Goat Chili Lime Chili Crunch
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut top 1/2 inch from top of head of garlic; discard top. Place garlic head on an 8-inch square sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle garlic with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Wrap in foil. Roast garlic directly on oven rack until tender, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully unwrap garlic (steam will be released), and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from skins into a small bowl. Mash enough garlic cloves to measure 2 tablespoonfuls, and reserve for dip. Cover and refrigerate any remaining garlic cloves for another use.
- Place tofu, tahini, tamari, lemon juice, reserved 2 tablespoons garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. With machine running, drizzle in remaining 1/2 cup oil. Process dip until smooth and combined, about 20 seconds. Transfer dip to a bowl. Sprinkle liberally with chili crunch.