- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp *this little goat seasonal pumpkin spice (or substitute with this little goat went to india)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cups dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until well combined and fluffy. With the mixer on low, beat in the pumpkin purée, egg and maple syrup until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt until no streaks of flour remain. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chunks and coconut. Refrigerate the dough for at least 15-20 minutes before baking.
- Scoop golf ball-sized rounds of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, at least 1-inch apart. Transfer to the oven and bake until puffed up and golden brown around the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet before removing.