- canola or vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- kosher salt
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf kale, rinsed and finely chopped (about 4 cups chopped kale)
- 2 cups cooked bulgur wheat
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup this little goat went to hong kong, divided
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and a pinch of kosher salt and sauté until translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, ½ cup Hong Kong sauce and 1 tsp kosher salt, mixing to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the flavors have come together and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bulgur in a large mixing bowl along with the remaining ¼ cup This Little Goat went to Hong Kong sauce, kale, chickpeas, lemon zest, gruyere cheese, Hong Kong tomato sauce and a pinch of kosher salt. Mix to combine and transfer mixture to a large baking dish or cast iron skillet. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until heated through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Serve warm.