4 cups water
- 1 cup instant grits
- ¼ tbsp salt (for grits) + additional for seasoning shrimp
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch dressing
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, tail-on, deveined, deshelled
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Chili Crunch
- 16 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Set a medium-sized pot over high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil. As the bubbles form, steadily whisk in the instant grits to ensure a lump-free mixture. Let them simmer until they've transformed into a soft, creamy consistency, usually around 5-7 minutes. Enrich the grits by folding in the Hidden Valley® Ranch and the cheddar cheese, stirring until you have a velvety, cheesy blend.
- Season your shrimp with a dash of salt. In a separate skillet, heat oil over high heat. As the pan sizzles, lay the shrimp delicately and watch as they adopt a beautiful pink hue, indicating they're about halfway cooked.
- After the shrimp have changed color, take them out and let them rest. In the same skillet, reduce the heat slightly and add butter, allowing it to melt into a golden pool.
- With the heat adjusted to medium, cascade the chopped tomatoes into the pan, immediately followed by the Hidden Valley® Ranch Chili Crunch. Stir this vibrant concoction and allow the mixture to simmer gently.
- As the tomato mixture simmers and the flavors intertwine, bring back the shrimp to the pan, introducing corn kernels soon after. Gently mix, ensuring the shrimp soak in the flavors.
- For serving, ladle out the creamy cheddar ranch grits onto your chosen dish. Crown the grits with the chili crunch shrimp, draping them in the aromatic tomato sauce. With every bite, you'll be transported to a Southern haven, with the added kick from the Hidden Valley® Ranch Chili Crunch.