- 1 medium-large delicata squash
- 1 bulb fennel, fronds reserved
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 tbsp This Little Goat Went to Grillville spice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup salted pistachios, shelled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds (Note: you do not need to peel Delicata squash. The skin is so tender it’s completely edible!). Slice into thin half moons, about ½-inch thick. Cut the fennel in half, lengthwise, remove the core and thinly slice. Chop the fennel fronds and set aside for serving.
- Place squash, fennel and thyme leaves in a mixing bowl. Add in the olive oil, maple syrup, Grillville spice and ½ tsp kosher salt and mix until well coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until squash is tender and beginning to brown, flipping once halfway through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with pomegranate seeds, pistachios and reserved fennel fronds. Serve warm or at room temperature.