- 2 medium zucchini, large dice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 1/2 tsp This Little Goat went to Cuba, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon (about 1 Tbsp juice and 1 tsp zest)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the zucchini with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch each of salt and Cuba spice. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast, tossing halfway through, until tender and beginning to brown, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook your orzo: Bring a small pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the orzo and cook according to package instructions for al dente. Drain and toss with 1/2 teaspoon Cuba spice. Set aside to cool completely.
- Make your dressing by whisking together the lemon juice and zest, vinegar, honey, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 teaspoon Cuba spice and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Once your zucchini and orzo have cooled, add to a large mixing bowl along with the corn, tomatoes, onion and basil. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and Cuba spice, as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.