- 1 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail on
- ¼ cup blood orange juice, about 1 blood orange
- 1 blood orange, separated
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into big squares
- Splash of fish sauce
- Heavy sprinkle of This Little Goat went to Cuba
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Shrimp & Bacon
- Season shrimp with This Little Goat went to Cuba.
- Fry bacon in pan and sprinkle with This Little Goat went to Cuba.
- Once fried, remove bacon and cook down thinly sliced red onion.
- In hot pan with bacon fat add shrimp and cook until tail curls and flesh is pink.
- Combine olive oil and fresh blood orange juice.
- Add remaining bacon fat to vinaigrette and mix.
- Spoon vinaigrette over bacon shrimp mixture.
- Place separated blood oranges on top of plated dish as well as herbs for garnish.