- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp This Little Goat went to Korea, separated
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg, whisked
- In a medium sized pot heated over medium heat melt butter. Once melted incorporate flour until a thick paste is formed.
- Whisk in milk and ⅓ cup of This Little Goat went to Korea, once milk simmers reduce heat to medium low and fold in cheddar cheese. Once cheese is melted and sauce is thick, turn off heat and mix in cooked macaroni noodles.
- Transfer mac and cheese to a heat proof container and allow to cool for 3 hours or until noodles are completely chilled.
- Once noodles have been able to completely cool, set up a dredging station and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. For your dredging station incorporate whisked egg with 2 tbsp This Little Goat went to Korea in a dish and in a separate vessel combine panko bread crumbs and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Form mac and cheese into balls of desired size, dipping them into the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Repeat until all mac and cheese is spherical and placed onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Preheat the airfryer to 375 F and heat mac and cheese balls for 10 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.